Research and development (R&D) includes activities that institutes or companies undertake to innovate and introduce new products and services. It is often the first stage in the development process. The goal is typically to take new products and services to market and add to the institute’s or company’s list of achievement and highlights. It is an art of Scientific Careful Investigation and Systematic Search for getting information on a Specific Topic. It is actually a Voyage of Discovery. Research is mainly based on the facts of Qualitative and Quantitative approach. It provides the bases nearly, for all Government Policies in their Economic System. AITM Supports and Encourages sustainable and Quality Research Activities to the Staff and Students Community. Presently more than 40 Faculty members are involved in Research work and Registered for their Ph.D., under various Universities. The Institution is also having Recognized Research centers in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Civil and Mechanical Engineering Departments approved by VTU, Belagavi. Further, it is proud to say that, the AITM has received Three Research Project Grants from VGST along with Awards to department of Civil Engineering, Physics and Chemistry in past two years.
Research Centre@ Electronics & Communication Engineering
Research Centre in the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2021-22, to offer Ph.D / M.Sc (Engg.) by Research programs in accordance with the regulations of VTU, Belagavi. Electronics and Communication, one of the widely renowned branches in the field of Engineering, have proved time and again, that they play a pivotal role in both the developing and well-being of our society in the fast paced human life.
The research centre focuses on research on various domains like Wireless Communication, Wireless Sensor Networks, Image Processing and Cryptography, Image and Signal Processing, Communication, Computer Networking, Speech Processing, Data Mining, Big Data, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, IoT, Algorithms and Database Management Systems.
Dr. Anand Deshpande Principal & Director, Angadi Institute of Technology and Management, Belagavi. E-mail ID- email@example.com Contact No. – 0831 243 8123 Google Scholar Link: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=CHeGjVEAAAAJ&hl=en Scopus ID-56770682800
- Anand Deshpande has published book, ” Computational Intelligence Methods for Super-Resolution in Image Processing Applications”, Springer, 2021.
- Anand Deshpande has more than 33 publications and been invited as keynote speaker to various organizations.
- Anand Deshpande has received Research Proposal grant of Rs. 1.2 crores for K-Tech ” NEW AGE INCUBATION NETWORK”, 2020.
- Anand Deshpande and team have developed Sanitization Tunnel, 2020.
- Anand Deshpande has 3 patents.
Research Scholar Details
|Serial No||Research Scholars/USN||Title of the PhD Thesis||Status||Research Guide Name|
|1||Prof. Gururaj Kulkarni, 2AG20PEC01||ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BASED CHANGE DETECTION AND CLASSIFICATION IN REMOTELY SENSED IMAGES.||Preparing for course work exams||Dr. Anand Deshpande, Principal & Director, AITM.|
- Research workstation/ space
- wifi connection
- ICT facility ( projector/cctv)
Dr. Anand Deshpande has received Research Proposal grant of Rs. 1.2 crores for K-Tech” NEW AGE INCUBATION NETWORK”, 2020.
Research Centre@ Chemistry Department
In order to foster the needfulness of the science & engineering, department of chemistry AITM Belagavi established in the year 2009 with aim & vision to focus overall technical up gradation in terms of knowledge & skills of the prospering and aspiring young minds. Engineering chemistry (BE) enlightens about its possible applications in the multidisciplinary aspects like Material Chemistry, Nano Chemistry, Nano Electronics, Bio-nano material, 4D Shaped Nano-Materials. .
Department of chemistry AITM Belagavi, has recognized research centre (Approved by VTU) for skill enhancing BE undergraduate students by engaging them in activities such as student exchange program, out focus to multidisciplinary research activities, presentation in national & international conference. Also provides opportunities to register for PhD programs for experienced & qualified researchers..
Dr. Vinayak Adimule
Professor and Dean of R&D, Angadi Institute of Technology and Management, Belagavi.
E-mail ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to access Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=rC-yyQQAAAAJ&hl=en
Link to access Research Gate https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vinayak-Adimule/research
Dr. Vinayak Adimule, MSc, Ph.D., is a professor and Dean of R&D, Angadi Institute of Technology and Management, India. He has 15 years of research experience as a senior research scientist and associate research scientist in R&D organizations. He has published more than eighty research articles as well as several book chapters. He has four Indian patents and five international patents to his credit. Dr. Adimule has attended, chaired, and presented papers at national and international conferences. He is a guest editor for Topics in Catalysis, Springer nature (Q1, IF-2.98), Current Nanoscience (Benthum Publisher, Q3, IF-1.89), Current nanomedicine (Benthum, Q3, IF-0.789) and other journals. He is also an editorial board member, life member, and associate member for many international societies and research institutions. His research interests include nano-electronics, material chemistry, artificial intelligence, sensors and actuators, bio-nanomaterials, and medicinal chemistry.
Research Scholar Details
|Serial No||Research Scholars/USN||Title of the PhD Thesis||Status||Research Guide Name||SCI/Scopus Papers||Conference Proceedings||No. of FDPs||Book Chapters||Books|
|1||Dr. Santosh S Nandi 2AG16PGJ02||Synthesis, Characterization, Electrical, Electronic Properties of Novel rare earth metal Nanocomposites.||Awarded||Dr.Vinayak Adimule||10||2||4||5||2|
|2||Prof. Nilophar M Shaikh 2AG16PGJ03||Organic Transformations using Ionic Liquids||Thesis Submission||Dr.Vinayak Adimule||4||1||1||1||0|
|3||Prof. Arati Divekar 2AG20PCY01||Photo cross linking and Photoluminescence Properties of Novel Derivatives Containing Phenyl Azo Moiety||Registered||Dr.Vinayak Adimule||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL|
|4||Miss. Nidhi Manhas||Photo cross linking and Liquid Crystal Properties of Novel Series of Di azo derivatives||Registered||Dr.Vinayak Adimule||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL|
Magnetic Stirrer with Hot Plate
Hot Air Oven
Digital PH Meter
Research Centre@ Physics Department
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni completed research project entitled “Evanescent wave fiber optic chemical sensing” sanctioned by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka state. Research grant is Rs.5.00 lakhs during 2010-11 for period of three years.
- Dr. Vijay K Kuklarni Completed research project entitled “Analysis of Microscopic Chemical Species in Liquids Using Fiber Bragg Grating Sensor” by Vision Group on Science & Technology (VGST) under Seed Money to Young Scientist for Research (SMYSR) by Karnataka State, sanctioned during 2013-14. Research grant is Rs.6.00 lakhs for period of one year.
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni Research proposal entitled “Development of Highly Sensitive Fiber Grating Sensor and Their Applications based on Green Nanotechnology” has been selected under Grants for research Proposal by VTU during 2021-22. The amount sanctioned is Rs.6.5 lakhs.
- VTU recognized Research Centre established in Physics department in the year 2014.
- Four candidates registered for Ph.D. at Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) under Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni guidance.
Dr.Vijay K. Kulkarni
Professor and Head, Physics Department,
Angadi Institute of Technology and Management, Belagavi.
Link to access Google Scholar Page:
Link to access Research Gate
Reviewer for International Journals
- Letters in Applied Nano Bio Science
- Materials Today: Proceedings.
Research Publications(International Journals)
- LED based evanescent wave fiber optic sesnor technique to detect Fe +2 concentraton” published at American Institute of Physics (AIP) Conference proceedings, 1731,060024 (2016).
- “Light Emitting Diode Based Evanescent Wave Fiber Optic Chemical Sensor for Detection of Thiocynate” Asian Journal of Chemistry, Vol 30, No 2(2018), 351-354.
- Detection of thiocynate in water by fiber Bragg grating” published at American Institute of Physics ( AIP) Conference Proceedings 2265, 030188 (2020).
- Highly Sensitive Detection Of Lead Ions In Water Using Etched FBG, International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 2021 Vol. 6, Issue 3, ISSN No. 2455-2143, Pages 122-126 Published Online July 2021 in IJEAST (http://www.ijeast.com)https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wkkAJdMAAAAJ&hl=en.
- ‘Etched FBG refractive index sensor for alcohols’ International Journal of Research & analytical reviews(IJRAR) 9 (1), 71-73,2022.
- ‘Determination of refractive index of ethanol using etched fiber Bragg grating’ International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research 9,c751-c754,2022.
- ‘Hydrogen peroxide concentration sensor using fiber Bragg grating’ International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT) 10 (1), c261-c264,2022.
- “Refractive Index sensor for Hydrogen Peroxide Using Fiber Bragg Grating” JASC: Journal of Applied Science and Computations Volume IX, Issue VI,60-64 June/2022
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni published a book entitled “Propagation Effects in Optical Fiber and Fiber Optic Sensor System” with ISBN: (978-620-2-91935-7) in LAMBERT Academic Publications. http://www.morebooks.shop/bookprice_offer_97c26ef7f045cfc50f77ae2b24fef91ee6fc8b68?locale=gb¤cy=EUR
- Dr. Vijay K Kulkarni published book chapter entitled “Evanescent Wave Fiber Optic Sensor for Detection of Fe+2 Using LED Source” with ISBN: 978-93-91215-96-5, eBook ISBN: 978-93-91215-97-2 in B.P.International. https://www.bookpi.org/bookstore/product/advanced-aspects-of-engineering-research-vol-16/
Research Centre@ Maths Department
With the growing complexities of real world problems, knowledge of efficient computational techniques has become not just desirable but also eseential in some cases where traditional methods are of little use. At the Department of Mathematics, the aim is to groom the research students in such methods and make them ready to take the challenging real life problems arising in diverse areas of science, ngineering & Technical fields. Faculty at Dept are involved judiciously in research areas including numerical differential equations, numerical optimization, Fuzzy Topology.
Dr. Kiran G Potadar
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics,
Angadi Institute of Technology and Management,
- Published research paper titled “Fuzzy g^(##)-Compactness and Fuzzy g^(##)-Connectedness in Fuzzy Topological Spaces”. IEEE Conference Proceedings, International Conference on Computer, Electrical, Electronic and Communication – 2017 at VVEC, Mysuru on 8th & 9th Sept,2017. ISBN: CFP17N05-PRT 978-1-5386-3242-0 ( 159-164).
- Published research paper titled “New Stronger forms of Fuzzy g^(##)-Continuous Mapping in Fuzzy Topological Spaces” in Journal of Advances in Science and Technology, ISSN 2230-9659, Vol. 12, Issue No. 25, Dec 2016.
- Published research paper titled “ On Fuzzy g^(##)-Continuous Maps and Fuzzy g^(##)-Homeomorphism Mapping in Fuzzy Topological Spaces” in International Journal of Engineering and Management(IJSEM) ISSN 2456-1304, Vol 1, Issue 5, Sept 2016.
- Presented research paper titled “Fuzzy g^(##)-Compactness and Fuzzy g^(##)-Connectedness in Fuzzy Topological Spaces”. In IEEE international Conference on Computer, Electrical, Electronic and Communication – 2017 at VVEC, Mysuru on 8th & 9th Sept,2017.
- Presented research paper titled “New Stronger forms of Fuzzy g^(##)-Continuous Mapping in Fuzzy Topological Spaces” in International Conference on Recent Innovations in Engineering (ICRIE-16) Organized by Hirasugar Institute of Technology, Nidasoshi in association with AIEEE, Bengaluru from 8th – 9th October 2016.
- Presented research paper titled “ On Fuzzy g^(##)-Continuous Maps and Fuzzy g^(##)-Homeomorphism Mapping in Fuzzy Topological Spaces” in “International Conference on Mathematical Science and Management” Organized by Institute of Technical and Academic Research from 10th – 11th September 2016 held at Goa.