Following the directions of UGC, AICTE, Grievances Redressal Cell is established in order to deal with the individual grievances related to students ensure the redressal of grievances amicably in a time bound manner. The organization is having online Grievance Redressal mechanism able to receive and dispose of the grievances online.
The objectives of the grievance cell are to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the entire stakeholder in order to maintain a harmonious of the problems reported by the students of the institute with the following objectives.
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-Teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, Teachers and College administration.
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
- To ensure that the grievances are resolved promptly, impartially and with utmost confidentiality
Powers of the Committee:
- In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
- In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the Director / Chairman for final commitment on the matter.
- Considering the nature and depth of the grievances due inquiry is made by the members of the cell and through personal discussion the matter is solved. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance, immediate action is being taken by the Management.
- To maintain the minutes of the meetings and submit the copy of the same to the Director and Principal.
- To convey the decision of the committee to the aggrieved students in writing by the Chairman of the Committee
- The final responsibility for grievance Redressal rests with the Principal of the college.
- The college expects that grievance Redressal be time bound and result oriented. Every grievance is expected to be resolved within a reasonable period.
- The grievance Redressal cell of the college shall monitor status and progress of grievance Redressal and shall furnish report on grievance Redressal position to the Principal.
- To make officials of the college responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
- The function of the cell is to look into complaints lodged by any student and judge its merit
- The cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment.
- In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievance may be sent in online mode using link given in the college website and filling up the form available in the website by taking the printout of the same.
- Redressal of Students’ Grievances to solve their academic and administrative problems.
- To ensure speedy disposal of every grievance application – within a stipulated period of of the receipt of application.
- The setting of the Grievance redressal Committee for students will be widely published.
- The students can submit the grievances in online and offline mode , by visiting the college website.
- The GRC will Act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The GRC will take up only those matters which have not been solved by different departments.
- The committee is requested to contribute effectively to dispose of the grievances at the earliest. Member Secretary, in consultation with the Chairman of the Committee, shall prepare a provisional agenda for meeting.
- It shall be circulated to all Members of the Committee two days before meeting.
- All the decisions should be taken on the basis of majority.
- After the meeting, the Committee shall approve a report embodying its views, recommendations and decisions.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Grievance Redressal cell shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the executive council, academic council, board of studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the university.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc.
- Decisions made by the university with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the university about admissions in any courses offered by the institute.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
Student Grievance Redressal System Process/Steps:
- A student of the institution can lodge his/her grievances through the online / offline in the website.
- After receiving grievances, grievance cell member who deals with the specific complaint category for attending the grievance promptly and effectively.
- The Grievance cell member after proper redressal of the complaint through effective action sends reply to the complainant with supporting files, if any.
- Once the grievance is resolved, petitioner will get an mail , he/she can view reply to the grievance posted.
- The complaints redressed will be shown as closed and the complainants can reopen the case if they are not satisfied with the solution or action taken on their grievance.
- The admin of the grievance system can also forward the complaint to next level of investigation for a satisfactory resolution.
- The stakeholders of institute tend to develop greater confidence in this online grievance and feedback mechanism as they are given formal acknowledgement via SMS, Email and other online notification in a confidential way.
Constitution of Committee Members:
|Dr. Anand Deshpande
|Prof. Sagar Birje
|Prof. Kiran Koraddi
|Prof. Raviraj C
|Prof. Dhanashree K
|Prof. Sagar Birje
|Miss. Madhu Dyvangoudar