The Department of Mechanical Engineering has state of the art infrastructure in its laboratories which have been established not only to cover complete syllabus but to motivate students to learn beyond the syllabus which definitely develops complete knowledge of the subject. We have a team of dedicated and competent faculty with research bent of mind, driving the department towards excellence in quality education, project guidance, as well as R & D activities.
DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY
- Production Engineering And System Technology
Head of Department Desk
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has state of the art infrastructure in its laboratories which have been established not only to cover complete syllabus but to motivate students to learn beyond the syllabus which definitely develops complete knowledge of the subject. We have a team of dedicated and competent faculty with research bent of mind, driving the department towards excellence in quality education, project guidance, as well as R & D activities..
Dr. SOMARADDI R. BASAVARADDI
PEO 1: Graduates will be able to get acquainted with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in applied science, engineering and management to meet regional, national and global needs.
PEO 2: Graduates will be able to think critically, formulate problems, analyze and interpret their solutions with regard to Mechanical Engineering Sciences.
PEO 3: Graduates will be able to acquire the necessary skills to work successfully with other professionals and public.
PEO 4: Graduates will be able to inculcate the lifelong learning skills, communicate, work effectively with ethical attitude and social responsibility.
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions..
- Modern Tool Usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PSO 1: Apply the knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, thermal and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems utilizing advanced technology.
PSO 2: Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD/CAM tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.
PSO 3: To promote and develop among the students an ambition of lifelong learning and to apply them to professional ethics and codes of professional practices.