Constitution of Grievance Redressal Committee
Grievance Redressal System is an online platform to receive and act on complaints reported by students of private or public institutions, enabling prompt actions on any issue raised by them and to avail services more effectively
1. To provide an avenue for the aggrieved students to redress their individual grievances in order to have a healthy atmosphere among students, staff and management in the Institute.
2. Encouraging the stakeholders to express their grievances/and issues in a free and frank manner, without any fear of being victimized.
3. To advise the stakeholders to respect the right and dignity of one another, and not to behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for whatsoever reason without consulting their superiors.
4. To ensure that the grievances are resolved promptly, impartially and with utmost confidentiality
5. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
Powers of the Committee:
1. In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
2. In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the Director / Chairman for final commitment on the matter.
3. Considering the nature and depth of the grievances due inquiry is made by the members of the cell and through personal discussion the matter is solved. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance, immediate action is being taken by the Management.
1. Committee members meet once a month to discuss and resolve the grievances, if any received in writing from the concerned students.
2. To maintain the minutes of the meetings and submit the copy of the same to the Director and Principal.
3. To convey the decision of the committee to the aggrieved students in writing by the Chairman of the Committee
1. To make officials of the college responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
2. The function of the cell is to look into complaints lodged by any student and judge its merit
3. The cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment
4. In case the person is unwilling to appear inself, grievance may be dropped in writing at the letter box/suggestion box kept in each department. The grievances may also be sent through email to principal or to ombudsman
5. Each Technical institution shall establish a registry, headed by an employee of the Institute of an appropriate rank as the Ombudsman may decide, where an aggrieved student or person may make an applicant seeking redressal of grievance.
6. The address of the registry so established shall be published widely including on the notice board and prospectus and placed on the website of the institution.
7. Redressal of Students’ Grievances to solve their academic and administrative problems..
8. To guide ways and means to the students to redress their problems.
9. To ensure speedy disposal of every grievance application – within a maximum period of one month of the receipt of application.
1. The setting of the Grievance redressal Committee for students will be widely published.
2. The students may feel free to put up a grievance in the format attached and drop in boxes placed at conspicuous locations.
3. The GRC will Act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
4. The GRC will take up only those matters which have not been solved by different departments.
5. The committee is requested to contribute effectively to dispose of the grievances at the earliest. Member Secretary, in consultation with the Chairman of the Committee, shall prepare a provisional agenda for meeting.
6. It shall be circulated to all Members of the Committee two days before meeting.
7. All the decisions should be taken on the basis of majority.
8. After the meeting, the Committee shall approve a report embodying its views, recommendations and decisions.
9. Maintain records of the committee in a separate file with supporting documents (notice/photos/ Statistical data /minutes of meeting).
Grievance Redressal cell shall not entertain the following issues:
1. Decisions of the executive council, academic council, board of studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the university.
2. Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc.
3. Decisions made by the university with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
4. Decisions of the university about admissions in any courses offered by the institute.
5. Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
STUDENT GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL SYSTEM PROCESS/STEPS:
1. A student/staff of the institution can lodge complaint through the system by registering in the website.
2. After successful registration of the complaint, the user will get a complaint ID (acknowledgment number) for the future reference.
3. The system automatically sends alert to the grievance cell administrator on the complaint for taking required action.
4. After receiving notification/Email via system, admin will verify the authenticity of the complaint and forward the complaint to the concerned grievance cell member who deals with the specific complaint category for attending the grievance promptly and effectively.
5. The Grievance cell member after proper redressal of the complaint through effective action sends reply to the complainant with supporting files, if any.
6. Once the complaint is resolved, petitioner will get an alert message and he/she can view reply to the grievance posted.
7. The complaints redressed will be shown as closed and the complainants can reopen the case if they are not satisfied with the solution or action taken on their grievance.
8. The admin of the grievance system can also forward the complaint to next level of investigation for a satisfactory resolution.
9. The stakeholders of institute tend to develop greater confidence in this online grievance and feedback mechanism as they are given formal acknowledgement via SMS, Email and other online notification in a confidential way.
Frequency of Meeting: Once in a month.
|Sl. No||Name &Designation||Role||Contact no||Email ID|
|1||Dr. Sanjay Pujari||Memberemail@example.com|
|2||Dr. S R. Basavaraddi (HOD/ME)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Mr. Anil Korishetti (Associate Professor/EC)||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Mr. Aravid Muddebihal (AP/ME)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Mrs. Laxmi Kurabet (CSE)||Student Member||9380877166||Laxmikurabet228@gmail.com|
|6||Mr. Nayim Dalawai (Civil)||Student Memberemail@example.com|
|7||Prof. Anuradha Hugar (AP/Basic Science)||Convenerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Features of Grievance Redressal System:
1. It is designed in accordance with AICTE norms
2. It keeps the user identity confidential
3. It is simple and responsive
4. One can attach supporting files in favour of the grievance
5. One can view the reply for the complaint posted
How Grievance Redressal System Works
Mechanism With Case Study Example
Grievance Redressal Portal