BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING [B.E]
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For Technical(Engineering) Courses:should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
- For Non-technical (Non-Engineering)Courses: a) Commercial Practice and Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology / Modern office Management Should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or Equivalent Examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate. b) Library Science and Information Management Should have passed Karnataka P.U.C-II or Equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
- For both Engineering & Non-Engineering, the candidate should have completed atleast five full academic years of study in Karnataka between 1st Standard and qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have passed the 10th Standard Exam conducted by CBSE/ICSE and other states 10th Standard candidates shall produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations, Palace Road, Bangalore – 560 001 at the time of document verificatioion & online application submission process.
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING [B.E]
Eligibility: Candidates who have Passed in Second PUC/ 12th standard
- Passed in Second PUC/12th standard/Equivalent examination with English as one of the Languages and obtained a minimum of 45 % of Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer. 40 % for SC, ST, Category – 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates.
- Those students, who have passed a qualifying examination other than the PUC II examination of the Pre-University Education Board of Karnataka, have to obtain eligibility certificate for seeking admission to BE/B.Tech Degree Programme from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Eligibility: Candidates who have Passed 3 year Diploma
- A candidate who has passed any diploma examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 45 % marks taken together in all the subjects of the final year (Fifth and Sixth semester) diploma examination (qualified examination) is eligible for admission to BE/B.TechProgrammes, and 40 % of marks in qualified examination in case of SC, ST and Backward Classes of Karnataka candidates.
- Those candidates who have completed Diploma from other than Karnataka state shall provide the Equivalence/ Eligibility Certificate issued from the Director of Technical Education, Karnataka.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
Admission to MBA Program shall be open to the candidates who have passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination and 45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates. (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates).
For admissions under PGCET qualification and Roaster system of Government of Karnataka:
There shall be an Entrance Examination (PGCET) for admission to the MBA programme. A candidate seeking admission to MBA Programme offered in any of the Engineering Colleges affiliated to VTU shall appear for this Examination. For admission under Government quota, ranks obtained in PGCET entrance examination, conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), shall be considered.
For admissions under Management Quota:
The candidates should have appeared for the Entrance Examination conducted by KEA (PGCET)/ Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) or appeared and qualified under any approved entrance examination conducted by the authority recognized by Government of Karnataka/VTU /any other University of Karnataka state. Further, there shall be an Admissions Committee for the MBA Program consisting of the Principal of the College as the Chairman, Head of the concerned Department and one senior staff member of the concerned Department. The Admissions Committee conducts the interview and selects the candidates for admission.
MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M.Tech.)
Admission to I year/I semester Master of Technology Programme shall be open to all the candidates who have passed B.E./ B. Tech. Examinations of VTU or any other recognized University/ Institution. The decision of the Equivalence committee shall be final in establishing the eligibility of candidates for a particular Programme.
For the foreign degrees, Equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities is a must. The candidates who have completed their degree through the distance mode education from any University (National or International) are not eligible for admission to M.Tech. Programs under any quota.