Electrical & Electronics Engineering Program was introduced at Angadi Institute of Technology and Management in the academic year 2009 – 10, with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. And Presently the current intake of the department is 30 from the academic year 2020-21. The demand for electrical engineers in industries, state electricity boards and private sectors engaged in electricity generation is more than the engineers available. Because of periodical revisions in the syllabi and introduction of electronics related subjects, electrical engineers get acquainted with latest developments in the electrical and electronics engineering field and can handle present solid state electronic devices. The department has excellent industry institute interaction and provides services like consultancy, design and testing to the industries. Since the commencement of the program, the department has made sincere efforts in the development of students through training and industrial visits. Four batches of electrical engineering are passed out from the college. Apart from the curriculum, students from electrical engineering department have won prizes in co-curricular and extracurricular activities. Also the department has formed student association (AEEES) to promote the students talent and their upliftment. The department enjoys the mixture of experienced and fresh faculty members. One staff member is registered for Ph.D.
To facilitate transformation of students into good technocrats, responsible citizens and competent professionals, focusing on absorption, generation and broadcasting of knowledge.
- Impart quality education to meet the needs of profession and society, and achieve excellence in teaching-learning and research.
- Fascinate and develop talented and committed human resource, and provide an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, team-spirit and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Facilitate effective interactions among faculty and students, and foster networking with alumni, industries, institutions and other stake-holders.
- Practice and promote high standards of professional ethics, transparency and accountability.
Courses Offered by the Department
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (B.E)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2009 and offers four-year degree course leading to Bachelor degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University, Belgaum. The Department aims at producing well qualified Engineers for the nation and also across the globe. The Department has eminent faculty with wide range of experience in research, teaching, training and field experience which will help the students to gain practical knowledge which is very essential for their future endeavours. The department has excellent industry institute interaction and provides services like consultancy, design and testing to the industries. Since the commencement of the program, the department has made sincere efforts in the development of students through training and industrial visits. Also, the Department has formed Student Association (AEEES) to promote the student’s talent and department library for student reference.
Prof. Vasantkumar Upadhye
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
PEO 1: Graduates will have the ability to apply the knowledge of Electrical & Electronics Engineering to excel in their career path.
PEO 2: Graduates will be confident to work in flexible and diverse professional fields.
PEO 3: Graduates will have commitment and awareness to thrive in their ethical and social responsibilities.
PEO 4: Graduates will have the ability to pursue higher education, research and will be engaged in life-long learning processes.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
PSO 1: Able to apply the knowledge gained during the course of the program from Mathematics, Basic Computing, Basic Sciences and Social Sciences in general and all electrical courses in particular to identify, formulate and solve real life problems faced in industries and/or during research work.
PSO 2: Able to provide socially acceptable technical solutions to complex electrical engineering problems with the application of modern and appropriate techniques for sustainable development.
PSO 3: Able to apply the knowledge of ethical and management principles required to work in a team as well as to lead a team.