Department has established during 2010 with Undergraduate Program and M.Tech in Production Engineering & System technology during 2014, also research centre during 2018 approved by VTU.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has state of the art infrastructure in its laboratories which have been established not only to cover complete syllabus but to motivate students to learn beyond the syllabus which definitely develops complete knowledge of the subject. We have a team of dedicated and competent faculty with research bent of mind, driving the department towards excellence in quality education, project guidance, as well as R & D activities.
Create competent Mechanical Engineers to meet the diversified needs of industry and society.
- Develop academic skills through teaching and learning process.
- Promote research and Innovative activities among staff and students.
- Provide conducive environment to inculcate Entrepreneurial skills.
Courses Offered by the Department
|Sl.No.||Course||Year of Starting||Specialization||Sanctioned Intake|
|2||M.Tech||2014||Production Engg & System Technology||18|
The Department of Mechanical Engineering established in 2010 with intake of 60 , realising the scope and opportunity for mechanical students around the globe. Department has increased the intake to 120 during 2012.Understanding the importance of life long learning and higher education opportunities for mechanical engineers ,M.Tech programme in PEST and research programme leading to Ph.D established in 2014 and 2018 in the department. The department has established good track record in academic, Co-curricular & extra curricular activities. Students are actively participating in K.Tech & MSME incubation project works of AITM under research supervision of staff members, students do participate in National/International technical paper contest. There are many Placement opportunities for evergreen mechanical students in core branch of engineering as well as in software.
Dr. S. R. BASAVARADDI
PRE-PLACEMENT TRAININGS ACTIVITES
Graduates will be able to
- Acquaint with the knowledge of applied science, Engineering and management.
- Acquire the necessary skills to work with professionals.
- Inculcate the lifelong learning skills and social responsibility.
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Program Specific Outcomes’s
Graduate will be able to
PSO 1: Apply relevant mathematical and advanced software tools for design, analysis, and fabrication of components used in the field of mechanical engineering.
PSO 2: Acquire necessary technical and managerial skills that make them an employable graduate.
PSO 3: Develop professional leadership to work in multidisciplinary teams with good communication abilities and ethical values.