The Electronics and Communication Engineering program was started in the year 2009 to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in electronics and communication domain. The course is an outcome based structured to help students to achieve the goals. The department has maintained swiftness with the cutting edge technology through well-equipped laboratories, tie ups with industries and research groups . It has good infrastructure and is well equipped with full-fledged laboratories. It has dedicated and qualified faculty members to ensure high standard of teaching – learning and evaluation processes. The faculty members have experience in teaching and as well as industries. The department has made a name for itself, among the top colleges, at the University level, through its performance in the examinations, placements, seminars, conferences and industry interactions. Department does not only focus on Engineering the Engineers in technicality but also engages and support them through technical and non-technical association activities. Department believes, supporting the students through career and life related talks and empowering them with latest technologies will nurture them to superior growth and makes them market ready.
To be the center of excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication and to produce pool of knowledgeable and socially responsible Engineering Professionals by providing state of art technical education.
M1: To establish a learning environment to enable the students to face the challenges of the Electronics and Communication Engineering field.
M2: To promote the establishment of centers of excellence in niche Technology areas to nurture the spirit of innovation and creativity among faculty and student.
M3: To cultivate a committed group of competent faculty striving for excellence in teaching and research.
M4: To develop collaborative research and linkages with leading organizations.
M5: To nurture talent and foster entrepreneurial & social spirit among students.
Courses offered by the Department
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Welcome to the department of electronics and communication engineering at Angadi Institute of Technology and Management, Belagavi. The Department was established in the year 2009 with the aim of providing leadership in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering with an intake of 60 students. The department is located in a sprawling environment with a state of art facilities and highly qualified faculty. The department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the Industry, society and the academia. Perhaps even more important is our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to learn, grow, develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career.
The department faculty work with excellent team spirit in different technical team like Communication, Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded System, Wireless Sensor Network areas and many more areas. The department strives to provide a conductive environment for the students to develop analytical and practical skills and apply them to real practical problems. To motivate the students the department organizes regular training in state of art software & hardware field.
Electronics and communication engineering is a dynamic and exciting area that provides excellent career opportunities in various areas of technology. The department faculties are committed to teach our students the fundamental concepts and the latest trends via smart teaching and learning process. The students are also taught with critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they accommodate their future with confidence. In addition to classroom teaching, the students are guided and motivated to practically implement the principles learnt in classrooms through experimentations in the laboratories and through innovation centers on Robotics and Internet of Things. The students can include them under different type of club like Circuit Design, Music, Arts, and Sports etc.
We welcome you to the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department as undergraduate student and we hope to be part of your success.
Prof. Raviraj Chougala
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
PEO 1: To exhibit the ability to design and implement complex systems in the areas of communication, VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal Processing and Soft Computing.
PEO 2: To exhibit the ability to solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems using latest hardware and software tools along with analytical skills to contribute to useful, frugal and eco-friendly solutions.
PEO 3: To exhibit wisdom of social and environmental awareness along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real world applications using optimal resources as an entrepreneur.
PEO 4: To equip the graduates with knowledge, ability and courage to pursue higher studies and research.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO 1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the Knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering Fundamentals, and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, Review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO 3: Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental conditions.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations on complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of Experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of Information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate technique, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess society, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12: Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
PSO 1: Graduates trained with the core knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering will be ready to apply the state of art technology to solve engineering and socially relevant problem.
PSO 2: Engineers who can engage in team work with professional ethics, technical knowledge and effective communication skills to address the practical issues in industry and society.
PSO 3: Technologists who can analyze and design innovative projects through research and sustainable technology.