The department of Computer Science Engineering (CSE) was established in the year 2009 with an intake of 60 and in the year 2011 the intake was increased to 120. The department has grown exponentially over the last few years and is constantly evolving to meet the recent trends in computing. Computers are versatile machines. Professionals from all other branches of engineering and technology harness the power and flexibility provided by computers. As a result this branch serves all the domains and is much sought after. It is our constant endeavor in the Computer Science Engineering department to give a strong foundation in all areas of computer science such as Machine Learning, Python Programming ,IOT, Big Data Analytics, Java Programming, Computer Networking, Web technologies, Data Structures & Algorithms etc., to our students. A strong emphasis is placed on understanding and mastering the core concepts. We have an excellent team of young as well as experienced faculty members who are deeply committed to improving the learning experience of the students. There is a proper mix of theory as well as practical lessons. Students are encouraged to use the labs for practicing extra problems during their free time.
Vision of the department
To impart quality education in computer science and engineering with emphasis on research and innovation for the students to be successful global professionals contributing to the society technologically, ethically and morally.
Mission of the department
- Act as the nurturing ground for young computing aspirants to attain the excellence by imparting the quality education.
- To encourage innovation through multidisciplinary research and development activities.
- To impart knowledge that meets the need of the present and emerging computing technologies.
- To inculcate human values and ethics in students and groom them to be responsible citizens.
Courses offered by the Department
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (B.E)
- Computer Science & Engineering
Welcome to the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. In this department we create future computer engineers and responsible citizens. Here, a student gets the opportunity to excel in his academic activities. This is one of the very few departments where undergraduate students publish papers in international journals. At the same time, a student wishing to achieve some recognition in extra-curricular or co-curricular activities will also find the atmosphere helpful. The Department of Computer Science provides an environment to students motivating them to adopt a “want to learn” culture through state of art infrastructure. We offer the best teaching methodologies through class room and laboratory exercises and cultivate a mind-set among students to be inquisitive. Learning is a continuous process and does not end with the acquisition of a degree, especially because steady and rapid advances in computing technologies shorten the life of tools and techniques prevalent today. Therefore we do not aim to make our students walking manuals of any language or package. Instead, they are given a strong foundation in computer science and problem-solving techniques, and are made adaptable to changes. We believe that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Various Training programs and workshops through reputed organizations, and resource persons, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry. I am confident that you will find our students worthy of your organization.
Prof. Sagar Birje
PEO 1: Graduates will possess strong foundation in Basic and Engineering Sciences that are required for problem solving to excel and succeed in their profession.
PEO 2: Graduates will have excellent scientific and engineering breadth so as to understand, analyze, design and solve real life problems using the acquired skills and lifelong learning.
PEO 3: Graduates will have exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies and adequate training with opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects.
PEO 4: Graduates will be professional with ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork capability, and relate engineering issues to broader social context, which leads them to become strong and sustainable leaders required for a successful professional career.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- Engineering Knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work :Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO 1 : Professional Skills – The ability to design, develop, implement computer programs in the areas related to Algorithms, System Software, DBMS, Web Design, Information & Network Security, Networking and to provide solution to new ideas and innovations.
PSO 2: Problem Solving Skills – An ability to compete practically and to provide solutions for real world problems with a broad range of programming languages and open source platforms in various computing domains.
PSO 3: Successful Career – Work with and communicate effectively with professionals in various fields and pursue lifelong professional development in computing.