The department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009 and it offers four years Bachelor Degree (B.E.) course in Civil Engineering and also two years M.Tech course in Waste Water Management, Health & Safety Engineering. The department has spacious class rooms with projectors and various laboratories namely – BMT lab, Survey lab, Hydraulics lab, Geology lab, CAD lab, GT lab, Concrete and Highway lab, Environmental Lab. The department also has library with good number of quality reference books for the benefit of staff and students.
It has been an endeavor of the teaching faculty, to send out Civil Engineers and Entrepreneurs from our departmental portal, who can serve society with sound technical and innovative skills. Apart from giving the fundamental inputs to the aspiring students, they are exposed to the recent developments in civil engineering. They are persuaded to take up actions to build their future career, through choosing seminars and projects which will stimulate entrepreneurship and leadership qualities.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To achieve excellence in the field of Civil Engineering through research and innovations in core areas and by making our students competent, ethically strong quality engineers with leadership roles in their profession, for sustainable development of the society.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To create an excellent and creative environment for training the students in innovative technologies.
- To provide the knowledge and skills required for Civil Engineer to enhance their employability and entrepreneurship qualities suited to current trends in Civil Engineering.
- To establish a centre dedicated to promote research & development and consultancy services for the benefit of community.
- To inculcate moral, ethical and professional values in students to serve the society.
COURSES OFFERED :
|1||Diploma in Civil Engineering (2009)||Diploma||60|
|2||B.E in Civil Engineering (2009)||Undergraduate||60|
|3||M.Tech in Waste Water Management Health and Safety Engineering (2014)||Postgraduate||12|
The construction industry being one of the major industries of our country contributes to nearly 9% of our GDP. It provides huge employments at its various related sectors. With the aim of providing innovative and technical graduates, Angadi Institute of Technology and Management started the Civil Engineering Program in the year 2009 with the inception of the institution, with an intake of 60. Realizing the need of the hour to contribute to the environment protection, Civil Engineering branch started with M.Tech. course in Wastewater Management, Health and Safety Engineering in the year 2014. The Department is recognized as Ph.D. Research Centre by VTU to promote the research in our institution with supporting aid from MSME incubation centre, K-Tech NAIN centres.
The students are always engaged to learn through creative and innovative teaching methods. The students are often taken to the construction sites to inculcate modern methods of construction to them and make our students comfortable with latest technologies adapted in the construction industry. Our students are always encouraged to participate in many state and national level technical competitions, paper presentations etc. Mini projects during their initial stage of engineering, will add to their creative learning and make them ready for bigger tasks after their graduations. Our proud alumni are serving the society in various fields around the world and showing their technical skills to promote themselves to higher standards. Our Department offers many consultancy services for private and government organizations regularly. The Department has well qualified and energetic faculties with their involvement in R & D and consultancy works.
– Prof. M.V. Kanthi
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO 1: Students should gain the ability to identify, analyze, formulate and solve different challenges of Civil Engineering problems.
PEO 2: To produce graduates with professional ethics who are prepared for life-long learning to update their knowledge.
PEO 3: Students should develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social and human context, in which their engineering contributions will be utilized.
PEO 4: To establish a centre dedicated to promote research & development and consultancy services for the benefit of community.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- Engineering Knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work :Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO 1: Plan, analyse, design and execute cost effective civil engineering structures without over exploitation of natural resources.
PSO 2: The graduates will have the ability to take up employment, entrepreneurship, research and development for sustainable civil society.
PSO 3: The graduates will be able to pursue opportunities for personal and professional growth, higher studies and engage in lifelong learning in civil engineering profession.