M.Tech in Production Engineering & System technology started during 2014.
Scope: Scope of M.Tech (PEST)
The programme Master of Technology in Production Engineering and System Technology builds upon the existing qualifications of the students and facilitates a deepening of the knowledge in the fields of materials, manufacturing processes, process and product engineering, manufacturing system design, manufacturing competitiveness and management. Skills such as leading and functioning within project teams and being able to communicate effectively will be strengthened. By extensive laboratory experience, the graduate will be able to carry out fundamental or applied research.
PEST Graduates can be placed in Technical Institutions, R&D Organizations, Consultancy Firms, Manufacturing Firms, Service Industries, and Government Sectors.
PG COORDINATOR’S MESSAGE
Learning is continuous process and we at AITM believe that, education is not just an accumulation of knowledge but is the development of minds and skills, particularly to the upcoming student community. For achieving this, AITM is being developed as a centre of academic excellence for higher learning in the fields of engineering and technology along with highly committed management, excellent infrastructure, well qualified and dedicated faculty.
The M.Tech in Production Engineering and System Technology (PEST) is started at AITM to develop competent engineers and dedicated human beings who have the upper edge to provide positive contribution in their chosen fields at responsible positions.
The M.Tech (PEST) is envisaged to develop the analytical abilities needed to design, evaluate, and build complex systems. PEST deals with the optimization of complex processes or systems. The course focuses on Production Technology, Production System, and Production related processes. The curriculum of PEST encompasses the contents with Manufacturing Technology, Production Management, Quality Techniques in Decision Making.
“Happy Learning at AITM”
Dr. S. R. BASAVARADDI
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.